Monday 17 February 2014

Green Bean Quilt Finished


 
 
 
Finished at last my green bean quilt, 2.5" inch squares sewn in rows of 5 and I love the scrappy look it brings.  I used a variety of green fabrics some modern and some vintage and even a feed sack fabric as well.  Green was my mothers favourite colour and I think she would of liked this quilt.
 

 The Binding was made using leftover green scraps, and I decided to machine quilt this one myself using a neutral thread and free motion lines, my aim was to give this quilt a soft organic look and once washed its crinkled up lovely.     


 
This will look lovely over my lounge

 
Love the backing fabric I decided to keep it green as well.
 
I have added photos of this quilt on Flickr and Pinterest as well.
 
well onto the next project I'll keep you posted
bye from Biddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment